It’s a beautiful spring day, here in Virginia, and the weather is gorgeous! The flowers are blooming, the birds are singing, the sun is shining…these are just a few of the things that I LOVE about spring! But you know what I don’t like about spring?! Spring Cleaning!!! In fact, it’s not just spring cleaning that I dislike, but cleaning altogether! 🙂 So I have decided to share with you a fabulous article I found on www.californiaclosets.com. Here are seven reasons to go ahead and pull out that feather duster and get to it! Not only will your home look great but you’ll feel better too!!
The Top 7 Benefits of Spring Cleaning
1. Experience less stress, better health. Clutter is stressful. When you’ve got too much disorganized stuff – either out in the open or hidden away – it weighs on your mind. And chronic stress contributes to heart disease, digestive problems and depression. But when your space is organized, you can relax!
2. Get creative. Aren’t you tired of the same layout and design in certain rooms of your house? Here’s your chance to do some redecorating and redesigning. Move pictures and vases, change the angle of the couch, or repaint the walls with some new colors. Have fun while you reorganize your space and freshen it up!
3. Feel good by doing good. When you declutter, you’ll be able to get rid of items that you don’t need or use anymore, and help others in the process. For example, when you donate clothes or household items to Goodwill, you help them offer items at low prices for their shoppers. Those sales help finance Goodwill’s job training programs. It’s a win-win!
4. Get a fresh start. Most of your belongings have some kind of emotion attached to them. In fact, in a recent survey we conducted, 53% of women considered themselves “sentimentalists” who had a hard time getting rid of anything from concert tickets and kids’ art projects to favorite outfits. But holding on to old stuff that doesn’t serve you anymore creates stagnation. Breathe new energy into your home or office by getting rid of items that no longer fit your life as it is today.
5. Save time. How many hours – or even days – did you spend last year looking for stuff? That last-minute scurrying really adds up! True organization can save you four weeks a year from looking for things. No more running around wondering where you put your keys, your gloves, or that paperwork you need to bring to the office!
6. Add to your home’s value. It’s amazing what neat, organized spaces and unique storage solutions can do for a home’s value. In our survey we found that potential home buyers are serious about storage space, with over half (53%) wanting a walk-in closet in the master suite. Ninety-five percent of respondents said closet space is either important or very important when looking for a home. Taking the time to create storage solutions in your home can have a big financial impact.
7. Enjoy a sense of accomplishment. Spring cleaning is a big project that has a big payoff. It’s hard work, but it’s worth it. Make sure you enjoy the victory and reward yourself! Soak in a hot bath, go out to your favorite restaurant, or treat yourself to a night out.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.